Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Party Time!!!

So it's the final day of my TfL induction and we have a social event in the Museum tonight with upper management but first we have the small task of that presentation.

It so happens that the presentation isn't on yesterdays work but on a related topic that is a possible area TfL can develop. Basically a way of them using our young brains to generate new ideas they've thought of and said cost too much.

Our idea was for a information point with a video screen that can help you journey plan whilst away from home. Good idea developed from the existing information post in cities aroud the country. The clever bit is the live travel updates it can broadcast to phones/pda/blackberry and the like. By WIFIing the updates and directions the post can direct travellers away from traffic hotspots or delays on the Northern Line.

Well it was explained better in our groovy presentation.

In the evening our attention turned to social networking and this is where the rules went out the window, having drinks and food in the museum was amazing, the trains and buses all around provided many talking points. I had chance to speak to previous grads and management, to be honest they were all very friendly and I even got to know some of the mini-management a little better. Of the handful I chatted to there were 2 that were ok, the others were just rude, inconsiderate, stupid, or just too drunk to speak to some of their most senior bosses. Way to go!!

I got to talk to the Director of Engineering, so my boss's boss's boss. He's an amazing engineer and having read his profile and articles by him I was slightly in awe. But after being introduced he was a really down to earth guy and was genuinely interested in us.

Good night TfL, next step LU.

No comments: