Monday, September 22, 2008

So the fun Begins

I enjoyed a nice spot of SATS duty and gateline at Waterloo on Friday to give me a taste of the front line before this week got underway. I also crossed the live track near West Kensington. I was quite nervous to start with but by the time it was my turn to cross I was alright. Trains are HUGE from the ground. The circle line train that passed just before I crossed scared me silly. But now I'm alright at crossing LIVE track its time to start the real work.

Today started off easy enough. I shadowed the control room staff after starting the day meeting the GSM and dropping in on the performance review meeting. Tomorrow I'm starting at 7:30 so it'll be an early start for me. It only takes an hour to get there but thats an hour I could be in bed.

Still enjoying it all though. Best start reading my rules and regs for train operator next month. It's like doing two jobs at the min.

p.s. The staff canteen is alright.

No comments: