Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Stock Training & SPADs

More time spent on stock training yesterday. Focusing mainly on faults and mainline air bursts it was a good days learning. Had a nosey around the depot which I want to go to on a placement sometime next year.

We didn't have a train when we started (as they were all in service or in bits in the depot) so we jumped on a SPAD training course. You could see the panic on the new Acton drivers faces when they went (deliberately) past a red signal. 3/4 of them forgot what to do and had to take a minute to remember. Which is ok as you have to wait 2 mins anyway. Other than the initial shock and panic they all performed well. It was worth watching as now I know I really really don't want to have to go past a signal at danger.

I should get my shifts (yes back on shifts) for next week today. I hope I'm not working on Sunday as my OH wont be pleased.

No comments: